Full Service Experts in Oklahoma City, OK
If your home is need of an upgrade, a metal roof might be an option for your home. Metal
roofing is a great investment because of how durable and energy efficient it is. There are many benefits to metal roofing, but there are also disadvantages. Like any roofing material, it’s important to go over your options and determine what is best for your home.
Covenant Roofing is your full-service metal roofing company in the Oklahoma City, OK area. Whether your needs are with metal roofing installation, replacement or with repairs, we are available to provide premier customer service.
Metal Roof Popularity
Metal roofing is becoming an increasingly popular trend for residential properties. A well done metal roof installation has several benefits such as:
- Energy efficiency: metal roof shingles and panels are typically light in color. Lighter colors, by their nature, reflect light rather than absorb it. For your home, this means that it will be cooler during the summer months while having great insulation during the winter months.
- Longevity: metals like steel and aluminum are long lasting materials. When a metal roof is correctly installed, steel and aluminum metal roofs can last up to 50 years.
- Environmentally friendly: steel and aluminum metal roofing is usually made from recycled materials and they can be recycled after their use as roofing materials.
- Durability: most metal roofing panels are manufactured to be resistant to extreme weather conditions as well as UV rays. This means your roof will be able to last longer than traditional roofing materials like asphalt shingles.
There are many metal roofing benefits, but it really all comes down to how well the installation is. An inexperienced roofer or contractor can do a decent job, but there may be issues later on. It’s important to work with knowledgeable and experience metal roofing contractors, like the team with Covenant Roofing. As a full-service metal roofing company, we have the expertise to reliably install your metal roofing.
Metal Roofing vs. Shingles
When homeowners are debating a metal roof there is always the question, “Which is better a metal roof or shingles?” Choosing a metal roof over traditional roofing materials comes down to a number of things.
If you are wanting a metal roof, as a homeowner you’ll want to consider things like:
- What you are able/willing to pay up front
- The structure, age and condition of your roof
- If the roof will need to be modified to support metal shingles or paneling
While a metal roof might be unique and interesting to have, as a homeowner, you want to make sure that it is the best investment for your home. Because of the many innovations today, homeowners can opt for metal shingles that look like stone or tile shingles – for a fraction of the cost. This is always an option for clients that want the look of a traditional roof, but still want all of the benefits of a metal roof.
Metal Roofing Installation and Repairs
With Covenant Roofing, you can know that you are working with experts. We pride ourselves on making sure every job is done correctly, the first time. Our team of professional roofers are highly knowledgeable on the latest and most effective metal roofing tools and techniques. Metal roofs and metal gates alike, you want the team that has the varied experience to provide the best possible service in your area.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix a leaking metal roof?
A professional roofer will need to open and separate the seams to determine where the leak is occurring. They will then need to dry, repair and reseal the area making sure the new seal is airtight and waterproof.
What are the disadvantages of a metal roof?
The initial investment for a metal roof is costlier than traditional roofing materials. When installed poorly, without insulation, metal roofs can be noisier than alternatives. And in snowier areas, snow and ice are more likely to slip off a metal roof and harm anyone or anything below.
Do metal roofs fade?
If you chose to paint your metal roof, then there is a chance for that paint to fade with time and exposure to the elements. But bare metal shingles or panels are less likely to fade than those with paint.
Do metal roofs need maintenance?
Yes, like any material, metal roofs also require maintenance. The difference is that, typically, a metal roof will need less maintenance than a traditional roof composed of asphalt shingles or anything else.
Are there metal roofs without gutters?
Not necessarily. Most homes with metal roofs still have gutters that are installed to help effectively drain water.
As a full-service metal roofing company here in the Oklahoma City, OK area, Covenant Roofing is the expert team you will want to work with. Call 405-720-6200 today to discuss metal roofing in the Oklahoma City, OK area.